Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Reused/Repurposed: Freecycle

I am finally using the Freecycle community here in Gainesville. I've always been wary of the rash of emails that might appear in my inbox on a daily basis, and I've signed up before but never used the service. But, we recently purchased new curtains for our home (not homemade or repurposed, shame) and need to rid ourselves of the hideous floral vertical blinds that once framed our windows.

The beauty of Freecycle is that I don't have to meet these people. Buying and selling on Craigslist is a pain. I have to meet strangers, nervously haggle a price, or risk being stood up. Tomorrow, a nice lady is coming by the house on her lunch break and picking the blinds up from the curb. Win.

I'm going to purge my belongings again, thanks to an inspiration from the 100 Thing Challenge. I won't go this extreme, but nothing is more cleansing than a good purge.

Freecycle Tally:
OFFERED: set of ugly vertical blinds
TAKEN: I responded to a post offering a free Kombucha starter, but have yet to receive a response
WANTED: a pitchfork

No comments:

Post a Comment