Sunday, August 15, 2010

Homemade Habits: Baked Doughnuts

I've been craving sweets and doughnuts this month. I found this recipe for Baked Doughnuts and tried it tonight. They were easy to make, and I feel a little less guilty knowing they were not fried. I made the dough and let it rise. Instead of using a biscuit cutter, I used a heart-shaped cookie cutter and did not cut out doughnut holes. This dough cooks fast - I actually only put them in for 6 minutes and they almost burned, so watch out!

Next time around, I'd like to mix in some whole wheat flour, and instead of dipping them in melted butter and coating them in sugar, I might try filling them with some sort of fruit.

I had a ton of dough left over, so I'll probably bake a batch for work tomorrow.

Yum!
















1 comment:

  1. I don't like doughnuts since they are usually too sweet for me, but these look so good and I can put only a little sugar! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete